» New Mines of Moria Trailer
Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:58 pm by Virre

» Resident evil 5 Introduction
Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:53 pm by Virre

» I've played the demo !
Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:50 pm by Virre

» Super Smash Bros. Meele Introduction
Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:46 pm by Virre

» Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe?
Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:59 pm by Elho

» I bought it tonight! :D
Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:03 am by gomsim

» This forum needs a kickstart or it's off to the junkyard for this one !
Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:46 am by gomsim

Poll
June 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Settle down in the world of Middle Earth...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gomsim
Master
Master

PostSubject: Settle down in the world of Middle Earth...   Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:24 am

About half of a year ago people began to realise they were able to travell to Middle Earth and settle down to live their lives... After some time they also realised that what ever they wanted to do in Middle Earth, they could do it... Some started to make their way down to the inns, spread across middle Earth, smoking, dricking and dancing. Some realised that there were lots of things not being right in Middle Earth and started to help people do things like delivering pies, brewing beer and some even started to face the shadows to reach the greater ranks among the knights and warriors of middle earth, But some people such as me fealt that what they wanted to do was to search the forests and ancient ruins for old lores and troll caves, solving ancient riddles, seeing dragon valleys and exploring countless square miles of ancient lands... Some even put their heads together and started thinking about getting rich... now they swim in money after countless hours of work (it's not easy, I asure you).
I have travelled through ancient forests discovered coutless of artifacts and seen what not many ever get to see... I am a hunter, a lonley fellow, a dwarf of the nature and the forest. I travell great plains, ancient, dark and thickly wooded forests and even mountains in search for greater knowledge about the ways of nature... If you become a scholar you can read forgotten texts and craft ancient weapons and potions of great power... there are many different things to become........... in Middle Earth!

Do you know what I am talking about? That's right... the answer is LOTRO!

In the Lord of the Rings Online, you can play as either a small hobbit, a sturdy dwarf, a beautiful elf or as mankind. There are several different classes to choose from. which classes you can choose from depends on which race you decide to play as. When you have chosen your race, sex, and class you can make your character look how ever you want... there are far more choises than in any other game such as World of Warcraft. But that isn't too important in my opinion. when you've created your character you start in different places depending on the race you've chosen... you play through the epic(main quest) to make the story go forward... then after some time you can start your journey throughout Middle Earth. There are lots of things to do in Middle Earth, there are thousands of quests to do from which you gain experiense and useful items to use in your travells, or you can, in difference to many other MMORPGs, do many, many social things such as going to the bar taking a drink with your friends while you listen to the music, or even learn to playing different instruments, buy them or craft them... and then play what every you want.. i promise.. you can get VERY good at it if you practise...
About every third mounth there comes a huge patch. In each and every one of these paches there are very many things fixed, and every patch adds a new "book" to the epic quest storyline, which means that the story never ends. There also comes great new landmasses with some of these patches. The patches can cover more than 2 GB on your Harddrive...

In my opinion LOTRO is one of the best MMORPGs out there. It sure has many small "lackings", but in the big pichture it's a very addicting Role playing game where you can role play for real.

Check http://www.lotro-europe.com/?territory=EnglishUK for more info! Very Happy

Last edited by on Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://friendsthroughgames.forum-2007.com
Virre
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Settle down in the world of Middle Earth...   Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:44 am

I totally agree with you Gomsim.

Lotro is an amazing game and if u are some what of a geek like me you should defiantly get it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Svante
Not too bright
Not too bright

PostSubject: Re: Settle down in the world of Middle Earth...   Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:05 pm

when I tried lotro I found out that it was a good game.

But i didnt buy it because I had problems with starting the game... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gomsim
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Settle down in the world of Middle Earth...   Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:46 am

Svante!

Buy it anyway... I'm gonna buy it again in a couple of days. This is the MMORPG.

Sooo much to do, but so little time...
Back to top Go down
Virre
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Settle down in the world of Middle Earth...   Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:46 am

me too, me too (but a gameing card Razz )

PostSubject: Re: Settle down in the world of Middle Earth...   

Back to top Go down

Settle down in the world of Middle Earth...
Page 1 of 1